Monday, March 21, 2011

Great Pattern for QUICK Blankie

I am using this stitch for an adult afghan, but certainly plan on making a baby afghan using the same pattern.
This pattern makes fantastic texture, and creates a afghan with very few holes...warm for a new baby!! The pattern moves quickly across the row (due to skipping of stitches) and the shells are a fun stitch. 5 Rows of 50" ran me about 2 hours!!
Here is how my afghan looks using regular worsted yarn (Red Heart).
Switch to a super soft Caron Simply Soft or a baby yarn of your choice! I do not know the exact guage that this pattern will work with baby yarn yet. I will post it when I know, otherwise I do not think it matters...I would probably use a G hook.
ENJOY!

The Pattern

Ch 131 OR 151 (50")
Row 1:  sc in second ch from hook and in each ch across.  ch1, turn.
Row 2:   sc in first sc, *skip next sc, 1sc and 1dc in next sc* repeat from * across until the last sc. sc in last sc. ch 1, turn.
Row 3:   sc in the first sc *skip next dc, 1 sc and 1 dc in next sc* repeat from* across until the last sc. sc in last sc. ch1, turn.
Repeat row 3 until throw is 60" long (CRIB LENGTH)
Last Row: sc in each sc and dc across -- do not fasten off --weave in ends.
Border: OPTIONAL
Rnd1: sc evenly around throw -- 3 sc in each corner

No comments:

Post a Comment